The Graduate Student Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee was created in 2019 in order to support and advance the department’s diversity mission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join our committee or have any questions for us.
Organizational Structure and Current Members
Assessment Team (point of contact: Blair Shevlin, co-chair)
- Goals and current initiatives: To assess graduate students’ experiences in the psychology department through an annual climate survey, measure student outcomes through an analysis of prior year data, to disseminate findings, and to propose targeted measures for addressing concerns.
- Current Members: Blair Shevlin, Selena Wang, Lauren Pino, Heather Daly
Communications Team (point of contact: Angela Saulsbery, secretary)
- Goals and current initiatives: To coordinate our efforts with other departmental groups (such as the faculty committees, the PGSA) to facilitate the achievement of shared goals, and to be transparent in communicating progress towards these goals through the diversity section of the psychology department website and the creation and maintenance of a monthly newsletter.
- Current Members: Angela Saulsbery, Rachel Gilfarb, Astrid Zuckerman
Learning and Development Team (point of contact: Prutha Deshpande, co-chair)
- Goals and current initiatives: To support the learning and development of students, faculty, and staff on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion through a monthly discussion series, and through a curriculum review to identify opportunities for improvement in training.
- Current Members: Prutha Deshpande, Ihsan Rodriguez, Ava Du, Sydney Williams
Recruitment and Retention Team (point of contact: Tina Nguyen, treasurer)
- Goals and current initiatives: To promote the recruitment of graduate students from underrepresented groups by collaborating with faculty on developing detailed admissions plans, and through partnership on the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s (ODI) Graduate and Professional Student Recruitment Initiative (GPS) events hosted by the department.
- Current Members: Tina Nguyen, Tao Jiang, Elana Schettini, Graham Bartels
Standing Members: Taylor Ballinger (chair), Tina Nguyen (treasurer), Blair Shevlin, Angela Saulsbery, Prutha Deshpande, Javier Granados Samayoa, Stoni Fortney, Briana Brownlow, Rachel Gilfarb, Ihsan Rodriguez, Laura Mason
At-large Members: Tao Jiang, Phuong Le, Vanessa Ivy, Jesse Ladanyi
Taylor Ballinger (chair), Tina Nguyen (treasurer), Blair Shevlin, Angela Saulsbery, Prutha Deshpande, Javier Granados Samayoa, Stoni Fortney, Briana Brownlow, Tyler MacDonald, Anita Shankar, Dasom Lee