On this Page:
Meet the 2022-2023 Peer Experts
Abby Arntz | Team Captain
Hi everyone! I’m a senior from Beavercreek, Ohio, majoring in psychology and Spanish and minoring in statistics. Following undergrad, I plan on pursuing a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. Outside of class, I'm involved in a research lab in the H.D.F.S. department called the Child Emotion Lab. I am also an RA in Bradley-Paterson, the social media chair for UNICEF, and a peer mentor for the University Exploration program. In my free time, I like to read, cook, watch movies/ TV shows, try new restaurants, and explore Columbus with friends. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions about statistics, or even just psychology in general!
Annelise Robinson I Team Captain
Hi everyone! My name is Annelise, and I am from the Northshore area of Chicago. I am a third year here at OSU pursuing a major in psychology and a minor in Spanish. After my undergrad, I hope to continue studying psychology in graduate school to one day become a school psychologist, as well as continue research throughout my career. On campus, I am a member of Chi Omega social sorority and serve as our Mental Health Chair. Over the summer I work as a camp counselor in my hometown. Working with kids these past two summers has really shown me how much I want to work with them in my future career. I am so excited to be a returning Psych 2220 Peer Expert this year and work with everyone taking this class!
Hi everyone! I am a third-year from Dublin, Ohio, majoring in Neuroscience on the premed track. Aside from being a Peer Expert, I am an Activity Director for College Mentors for Kids. I’m also involved in a research lab where I study triple negative breast cancer and why it disproportionately affects African American women. In terms of future goals, I plan to apply to medical school in hopes of becoming an oncologist! During my free time I like to workout, paint, and listen to true crime podcasts. I look forward to being a Peer Expert this year and meeting new people!
Hello! I am a second-year from Waterford, Connecticut. I am pursuing a dual degree in economics and psychology with the hope of going to law school. I am also currently a violist in the Ohio State Community Orchestra and a Student Lead at Juice 2. I love to read, listen to music, do calligraphy (although I’m not very good), and exercise. If you ever want a book recommendation (particularly for horror or classics) send me a message! I am excited to be a Psych 2220 Peer Expert and get to know everyone!
Hi! My name is Gillian and I am a second year psychology major with a minor in criminology. I am on a pre-law track and hope to work in criminal defense when I am older. My hobbies include dancing, painting, and raising future service dogs, so if you ever need some puppy love, come say hi!
Hi! I am a fourth-year with a major in Marketing and minors in General Psychology and EEDS (Environment, Economy, Development, & Sustainability). I’m also an Exploration peer mentor, so I'm always happy to help if you need any advice about choosing your major or navigating college life. After graduating from Ohio State, I would love to do something involving marketing research. In my free time I love to try new restaurants with friends, go on walks, listen to music, watch New Girl, and go to trivia. Feel free to reach out about anything - I’m excited to meet everyone!
Hi! My name is Lydia Muldoon, and I am a second-year student at Ohio State. I grew up in Upper Arlington, a suburb about 10 minutes from campus, and have been a huge Buckeye fan all my life. I am studying psychology with a minor in substance misuse and addiction. After undergrad, I am hoping to get a master's degree in counseling and eventually pursue a career in therapy. I am also a member of the club water polo team here at Ohio State. Over the summer I coach a swim team, and year-round I teach swim lessons to kids of all ages. I really enjoy working with kids so I might focus my therapy to children and adolescents. In my free time I enjoy lifting, swimming, thrifting, and trying new places to eat with friends. I am looking forward to being a Psych 2200 Peer Expert this year and meeting everyone involved! If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Hello everybody, my name is Thomas but you can call me Tom if you like, I am from the West Chester area in Ohio. I am a third year pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree with a minor in psychology. I was interested in becoming more involved in the OSU community and also thought that I could help other students who struggle in math, and this seemed like a great way to do both. I am a Martial Artist and I participate in a few of the related clubs here on campus, when I am available. The other main way I spend my free time is by playing board games with friends. I can spend endless hours attempting to find effective strategies and become very involved when playing these kinds of games. Feel free to reach out to me about anything related to Psych 2220, or if you’re interested I’d be more than happy to play a round of Stratego with you!
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I am a third-year from the suburbs of Chicago! Here at Ohio State, I am pursuing a major in Psychology and a minor in HDFS (Human Development and Family Science). After undergrad, I plan to continue my studies in graduate school to earn a Master’s degree in either counseling or social work. I would love to work with kids/adolescents in a school and/or private counseling setting. Outside of being a Peer Expert, I am a member of Zeta Tau Alpha social sorority and I am a Greek Life engagement intern at Ohio State Hillel. Over the summer, I was an Assistant Unit Head at the day camp I have worked at in my hometown, which has had a major influence in my love for working with kids and my future career. In my spare time, I love hanging out with my friends, watching Netflix, cooking, and getting coffee! I love chatting about all things psychology and meeting new people, so feel free to reach out if you need anything! I am beyond excited to be a Peer Expert again, and I can’t wait to work with everyone taking Psych 2220!
Hi everyone! I am a second year from Columbus, Ohio, currently pursuing a biology major along with minors in English and Clinical Psychology. I plan to attend medical school after completing my undergrad. I'm involved in cardiovascular research in the department of Physiology and Cell Biology and am a member of Student Advocates for Sexual Health Awareness (SASHA). In my free time, I enjoy reading, yoga, hiking, good coffee, going to concerts, listening to music (all kinds!), and exploring Columbus with friends. I've lived in four states and moved over ten times, so I love to travel and try new things. If you have any statistics questions, or just want to compare music libraries, feel free to reach out!
Hi everyone! I am a third-year from Cincinnati, Ohio majoring in speech and hearing science with minors in neuroscience and clinical psychology. After I graduate, I plan to go on to earn my master’s degree in speech-language pathology. I would love to work in a hospital or school setting, especially with children with developmental disabilities. I am a research assistant for the Language Perception Lab and am also a member of Ohio State’s “Buckeyes Against Alzheimer’s” club where I volunteer on weekends at a local nursing home. I love playing piano, singing, painting, watching sitcoms, traveling, and spending time with my cat. I am very excited to be working with everyone this year! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
Howdy! My name is Allie, and I'm a second-year psychology major from the Cambridge, Ohio area. In addition to being a Peer Expert, I am also a research assistant for OSU's Self, Stereotypes, and Social Norms Lab. I am still figuring out my post-undergraduate plans, but I do know that I want to further my understanding of psychology by attending graduate school. Outside of the world of education, I enjoy speedrunning videogames, listening to indie music, and decorating cakes! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, and I look forward to helping students navigate the potentially intimidating world of statistics!
- Work with students providing explanations or concepts and guidance on practice problems but will NOT do homework problems for the student.
- Peer Experts are scheduled to work 5-8 hours per week in the Learning Lab.
- Peer Experts present at least one review session each semester to a group of over 100 students. Review sessions take place in the evenings before each of the Psychology 2220 exams.
- Peer Experts assist in Psychology 2220 classes 1-3 times each semester. Psychology 2220 classes are typically on MWF in autumn and spring semesters.
- After reporting to work promptly at the scheduled time, Peer Experts are expected to be helpful, courteous, and respectful to students at all times.
- Peer Experts work with a student for one or two problems at a time and then to move on to other students who need assistance.
- Peer Experts provide feedback to students and offer an opportunity for discussion and exploration of concepts in data analysis.
- Peer Experts encourage students in the Learning Lab to work with and learn from each other.
- Peer Experts attend in-person trainings and complete weekly practice problems to review concepts and sharpen their explanatory skills. Particularly in autumn semester, Peer Experts should expect to spend 1-2 hours per week on training.
- All Peer Experts must be available on the Friday before classes start in Autumn semester for a mandatory training and orientation.
Peer Expert Qualifications
- Peer Experts must be knowledgeable about data analysis content covered in Psychology 2220.
- Peer Experts should possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Peer Experts should be skilled in using SPSS and Excel and be willing to learn more advanced skills.
- Peer Experts should have a patient, helpful, caring, and sensitive demeanor and a positive attitude when working with students.
- To apply, you must be an undergraduate student at Ohio State in AU23 and SP24.
- Interested students apply to be a Peer Expert for the upcoming academic year during the prior spring semester.
- Following the online application, applicants for the Peer Expert positions complete an online Skills Test covering content from Psychology 2220.
- Selected applicants are invited to interview.
- After interviews, applicants may be offered a position as a Peer Expert for the upcoming academic year.
- During the summer, Peer Experts complete online training and readings to sharpen their data analysis and tutoring skills.
- On the Friday before classes start in autumn semester, Peer Experts must attend a mandatory orientation before starting work in the Learning Lab.
Peer Expert Compensation
- Beginning Peer Experts are paid at an hourly rate of $9.30.
- Peer Experts who return to work in the Learning Lab in succeeding years may receive an increase in their hourly rate.
Would You Like to be a Peer Expert?
The AU23-SP24 Peer Expert Applications will be available at the end of SP23.
Questions? Email email@example.com