Dr. Amy Brunell
Professor, Mansfield Campus
OV-327 Ovalwood Hall
1760 University Dr
- Ph.D. (2007). University of Georgia (Social Psychology)
- M.A. (2002). The College of William & Mary (General Psychology)
- B.A. (2000). Muhlenberg College (Psychology & Spanish)
- Dr. Brunell's primary line of research concerns the role of narcissism in social contextes. She has published papers about the role of narcissism in predicting emergent leadership, greed, academic cheating, and romantic relationship behaviors. Her second line of research examines intimacy and relationship satisfaction in dating couples.
- Narcissism and Social Context
- Intimacy and Satisfaction in Close Relationships
Brunell, A. B., Davis, M . S., Schley, D. R., Eng, A., van Dulmen, M. H. M., Wester, K. L., & Flannery, D. J. (2013). A new measure of interpersonal exploitativeness. Frontiers in Psychology, 4:299. abstract
Brunell, A. B., & Webster, G. D. (2013). Self-Determination and Sexual Experience in Dating Relationships. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
Jones, L. L., & Brunell, A. B. (2013). Narcissism and the self-reference effect. Memory.
Davis, M. S., & Brunell, A. B. (2012). Measuring Narcissism within Add Health: The Development and Validation of a Proxy Measure. Journal of Research in Adolescence, 22, 632-645.
Brunell, A. B., Kernis, M. H., Goldman, B. M., Heppner, W., Davis, P., Cascio, E. V., & Webster, G. D. (2010). Dispositional authenticity and romantic relationship functioning. Personality and Individual Differences, 48, 900-905.
Webster, G. D., Brunell, A. B., & Pilkington, C. J. (2009). Individual differences in men's and women's warmth and disclosure differentially moderate couples' reciprocity in conversational disclosure. Personality and Individual Differences, 46, 292-297.
Brunell, A. B., Gentry, W. A., Campbell, W. K., Hoffman, B. J., Kuhnert, K. W., & DeMarree, K. G. (2008). Leader emergence: The case of the narcissistic leader. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 1663-1676).
Brunell, A. B., Pilkington, C. J., & Webster, G. D. (2007). Perceptions of Risk in Intimacy in Dating Couples: Conversation and Partner Perceptions. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 26, 92-119.
Finkel, E. J., Campbell, W. K., Brunell, A. B., Dalton, A., Chartrand, T., & Scarbeck, S. J. (2006). High Maintenance Interaction: Insufficient Social Coordination Impairs Self-Regulation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 91, 456-475.
Campbell, W. K., Bush, C. P., Brunell, A. B., & Shelton, J. (2005). Understanding the social costs of narcissism: The case of tragedy of the commons. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 31, 1358-1368.